Friday, May 11, 2007

Nels Hunstad...




So I'm having a hard time starting this thing out.. I mean. do I write like "Hey all" or do I give a big howdy? Like.. I could possibly start off with something like "Greetings Earthlings". or even one very loud and long HEYYYYYYY. Of course, I could always just start talking about myself and see if that works. But. An introduction of sorts is sort of necessary at this juncture. I mean, chances are we haven't met. In fact I don't know 10 out of the 26 people posted on the pictures page, and I know they don't know me.. or I hope. Cuz that's weird.

anyway.. I digress...

So. I'm Nels Hunstad, as a spoonerism, that's Hels Nunstad. Which, oddly, is also my name on facebook. So look me up. When I write on blogs like this I tend to use periods A LOT. period. but generally I consider myself a good writer, and that's mostly just because I love it. I'm decent at math, but I'm no Tom.. and I really like films. Which is why I'll be the Technology Director this summer.

Sure, I could have taken the summer off to actually create some of the projects I've been working on.. But let's be real. Camp is the place to be in the summer and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I really like being active and playing sports whenever I get the chance. I love, love, love the outdoors (yes, 3 times). But at the same time, I'm a total computer and videogame nerd. On the computer I'm into design, writing, and looking at pointless websites. Video games feed my "super-competitive" spirit.

Speaking of competition. I come from MOORHEAD. the Hometown of 7 staffers. and part time residence of at least 13. So what? I'm not that unique, but at least I can admit it... Anyway. Moorhead is a lovely town. But one fun fact about me is that I spent the first 2 years of my life living at camp. No really. My dad was the director back in the late 80's and yes, he did have a huge huge mullet. So I lived in cabin Grace, for the summers and in Menagha during the winter. For this reason, I am able to literally call Camp Emmaus home, and hopefully after the summer all you newbs will be able to too. For the past two years I attended Augsburg College in Moneyapolis, but at this juncture in my life it seems that I will not be returning in the fall. My hope is to take the year off, live in Moorhead, make some money, and then ship out for film school in Vancouver. That's in Canada eh. In other news..

Some people call me a space cowboy.

but that's another story for another time.

My family and friends are a huge part of my life. Instead of explaning my family to you. I'll just let you take a look at the picture and you'll get the idea. Need me to spell it out? They're C-R-A-Z-Y. Which for some reason reminds of Britney Spears, and that brings me to my next point..

One huge thing about me is MUSIC. I love music. The words, rhythyms, melodies, whatever. Chances are if some sort of song is on I will be singing along. If it bugs you, just let me know, and I'll be sure to sing louder. No really, I'll stop if you ask. In reality. I don't like Britney Spears, or her music, but I do know all the words. Also, I'm not funny, sad, or mad. Again, refer to the picture of my family and you'll see that I have no emotion, so be prepared to deal with that.


So.. blogs are fun. Right? No matter what you write. People read it.

like that.

Anyway, I'm excited for the summer of love. err. Camp. to begin. and I'm hoping you are too.

Much love,

Hels.

(oh and for those random ladies who just happen to come along. I'm single, so let's mingle.)

Edit: I take back the math thing.. if you know why. well sweet.. Cookie? Parade? whatever.

No comments: