Thursday, April 12, 2007

Maren Rachelle Jystad



Hey kids....
My name is Maren (pronounced like Mars minus the S plus in but with an "e" sound...like "end") :)--occasionally at camp I have been known as "MJ" which I will answer to as well.
I am from Jamestown, ND- the oldest of 4 girls. Craziness is in my house right now with myself 20, and sisters ages 17, 14, 12.....man they are getting old. We're all quite close and I miss them terribly when at school, Concordia College. I am a sophmore majoring in Theatre and minoring in Women Studies..and a major or minor in Communications (depending on time.) You may wonder what I plan on doing with a theatre major...that's a good question...but eventually I would like to be a motivational speaker, youth ministry leader, and an event planner for youth events. Fun eh? I cannot wait. I love cats (animals in general), food (anything...really), and campouts. I've been coming to Emmaus for a long time. My parents met as counselors way back when while working at Emmaus so it's kinda a second home for me. I was a SIT a few years back and this past summer a counselor. I look forward to chaos, campfires, sitting on the dock, and many other things.
Have a wonderful rest of the semester....it's almost over! Don't give up!!!!! You can do it!
:)
Shine!
PS...I'm the one standing in the back--that's my "don't come near me or you'll end up with water in your face" face.... hehehe

1 comment:

Pathways Staff said...

Don't you mean minus the S? There is no N in Mars...crazy.